How to Lose Weight in one Month? Indian Diet Plan for Weight LossSonali Malik
Losing weight can seem daunting, especially if you have a pretty busy lifestyle. While most people insist on joining a gym, they often fail to acknowledge the importance of a healthy diet.
Indian cuisine has been well known for its huge variety of flavors and vibrant spices and herbs. Although diets vary across the country, for the most part, it largely consists of plant-based preparations. A traditional meal consists of vegetables, lentils, salad, fruits and meat consumption in lower quantities or as per body type.
However, obesity is still on the rise because of processed foods that we depend on now. And here we shall take a look at suggestions on a healthy Indian diet plan that you can try!
What is a Healthy Indian Diet?
A healthy Indian diet includes fresh and whole ingredients. These are foods needed for promoting optimal health.
Habits For a Healthy Weight:
In most cases, you don’t have to make sudden as well as drastic changes to your diet. A few lifestyle changes can work wonders for weight loss. Let’s take a look at these in detail.
- Drinking enough water and unsweetened green tea between your meals will make sure you are staying hydrated without any added calories.
- Consuming a high-protein breakfast can set the tone of your day. It helps curb cravings, thus, reduces the temptation of too much snacking in the middle of the day.
- Frequently weighing yourself can be a driving factor and provide you a much-needed dose of motivation. It also helps in cultivating better eating habits and maintaining a disciplined routine centered on weight loss.
- A healthy diet with ample physical activity is the recipe for healthy weight loss. Gym, yoga, sports, running or even walking can act as great catalysts for promoting weight loss. All you need to imbibe within yourself is consistency. As long as you are regular with your physical activities, you can witness the benefits from time to time.
Healthy Foods That You Can Eat:
There are several foods and also beverages that you can choose from while you are on your Indian diet.
You can include some of the options we provide below in your meal plan:
- Vegetables: Spinach, tomatoes, okra, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Fruits: Papaya, mango, oranges, apples, bananas, pears, and plums.
- Seeds and Nuts: Almonds, peanuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Legumes: Kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, Mung beans.
- Whole Grains: Millet, Brown rice, barley, amaranth, whole-grain bread, quinoa.
- Spices and herbs: Ginger, garlic, cumin, fenugreek, black pepper turmeric, and basil.
- Healthy Fats: Mustard oil, ghee, peanut oil, Olive oil, and coconut milk.
- Proteins: Legumes, Tofu, chicken.
Make sure that you are adding vegetables like tomatoes, eggplants, greens in the meal as it offers added fiber and will keep you full and satisfied for a longer duration.
Get started with a 07 Days Meal Plan now.
What Can You Drink?
One of the easiest ways of cutting down on extra calories is by avoiding beverages that have sugar and juices. Such drinks are high in calories and have low nutritional value that has a negative impact on weight loss.
Healthy Options for Beverage:
- Unsweetened tea
- Fresh Juice (no sweet)
Foods You Need To Avoid:
Selection of beverages and foods that have been processed, filled with sugar, and extremely high in calories will hinder your weight loss journey. Not only are Indian sweets and sweetened drinks bad for losing weight, but they can also harm your health in many ways and can increase your chances of chronic illnesses.
For instance, avoid:
- Sweetened beverages: Fruit juice, lassi, sweetened tea, and sports drinks.
- Foods high in sugar: Kheer, Kulfi, sweetened curd, digestive biscuits.
- Sweeteners: Honey, sugar, condensed milk.
- High-Fat Foods: French fries, bhujia, chole bhature, and foods from famous fast-food chains.
- Trans fats: Vanaspati, Margarine
- Refined Oils: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, and grapeseed oil.
When you follow an Indian diet, losing weight isn’t a tough task. The variety of dishes one can prepare makes sure you are putting on extra calories easily. You have a higher intake of vegetables and proteins and spices to make sure that food isn’t boring at all! All you need to do is add a regular workout to your routine for boosting a healthy weight loss. Connect with our lead dietician and lifestyle coach Sonali Malik for a customized Indian diet plan for weight loss.